It’s weirdly almost March, I have no idea how that happens. Time really does fly when you are having fun, or something to that effect. So 1/6 of the year is over, let’s do a little check in on those pesky “realistic” resolutions I made when I was probably drunk on vacation and Tito’s Vodka.
1. Quitting things that I don’t enjoy.
• I’m going to give myself a B on this. I dropped a class in January. I’ve never dropped a class, but it was incredibly demanding and there was just too much stuff going on, so I dropped it. The only thing I felt was relief, so good for me. I’ll start again in March, but sometimes you just need a break. I’ve also kept away from knitting.
2. Stop letting other people’s dysfunctions guide my behavior.
• As always I have to leave work out of this because then I would not have a job. I’m doing pretty well here I think. I can think of a few things that have happened where I would have reacted if I had not made this resolution. Not reacting to bait is pretty empowering, I have to say. My top 5 people are still awesome.
3. Open. Open. Open.
• Depending on the subject. Staying open is pretty hard, I have to admit. On some fronts I have wrapped myself in tin foil, then put myself in a baggie and then put myself in the freezer. So… not open I guess. On other fronts, I am trying. This was possibly too vague for a resolution.
4. The rest: Write more. Read more (yep). Submit, Submit, Submit. Stop hate-watching Bravo TV. Stop avoiding my money manager’s calls, even though he is a total buzzkill. No more drive throughs and stop denying that I like One Direction.
• Writing a LOT (but not for school). Reading – easiest resolution to keep, nonstop. Submit – not yet but very close. Bravo – hmmmmmmmmmm not so much, damn you Beverly Hills Housewives. Met with the money guy, partially adhering to my budget. Almost no fast food. And I love One Direction, so there.
All in all, it could be worse. I’m happy with it, I’ll work on the Open thing more in the coming months. Hope everyone else is knocking it out of the park.